Sunday, January 8, 2012

My 4-year-old has been displaying behavior problems. Is this normal? ?

I have a 5 year old son and a 3 year old son. My oldest kind of displayed the same kind of trouble. He wouldn't stay at grandma's cause i wasn't there and so on. I really think that he was asking for attention. She is trying to "play parent" with her younger sibling trying to do the things to him that you would do with her. Like you said hold him, take away his toys (like if you would take them off her to eat dinner) putting him in the chair might be like she is putting him into timeout. I don't think she is intentionally trying to hurt him or his feelings. When this started happening to my son, I talked to my boss and I took some time off for 1 on 1 time with my son. I talked to him alot, trust me she'll understand when you let her talk and you listen. Then I cut my work hours back and let my husband work more. Some kids are just more demanding of your time than others. That you can't change. There is nothing wrong with her, just an extra little eye on her will help. I hope that works It did for me

No comments:

Post a Comment