Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting out of the national guard?

i am currently a high school student and im in the national guard. i'm wanting to switch branches to get in the marines. i talked to my recruiter and she said i cant because i am on a paid status. i have only gone to three "RSP" drills. i have not been shipped to basic training. now i read something on this site http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep_4.htm. it talked about how i can refuse to ship and no consequences will be added. and it said i can get out before i ship by talking to my CO of my unit. now i didn't know if it mean the unit i train for now or my unit i will train for after i complete BCT and AIT? if anyone can help me i very much appreciate it, i would love to go in the marine. yes i understand i made a mistake by signing the contract blah. but i know i can get out. so please help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment